Federal Skilled Trade Class – FSTC

This class is for skilled trade persons who have worked in a skilled trade under key groups of NOC B and are able to prove they can economically establish in Canada without relying on social services and are planning to permanently reside in Canada outside of Québec.

How to apply?

This program is processed through the express entry online application management system. To get started, first check whether you meet the minimum requirements, and then create and submit an Express Entry profile. You will be ranked in the Express Entry pool using a post-based system called Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). IRCC will regularly send invitations to the candidates with the highest scores in the pool to apply for permanent residence.


Point SystemEarn maximum points on the 1200 points comprehensive ranking system (CRS). Points are differently distributed for single and married individuals. Factors include Core human capital (460-500 points), Spouse/Common-law (40 points), Skills transferability (100 points), and additional factors that include provincial nomination and arranged employment among others (600 points).
Pass scoren.a
LanguageEarn a minimum of CLB/NCLC 5 for speaking and listening, CLB/NCLC 4 for reading and writing in either English or French.
ExperienceMust have Canadian or foreign experience in a skilled trade under key groups of NOC B, moreover, the experience must be for two years in the last 5 years. The experience must be in NOC groups 72, 73, 82, 92, 632 or 633. A combination of full-time and/or part-time, non-continuous work is also allowed.
Job OfferEither of the following two is required: A valid LMIA based job offer that is for full-time work and is offered for at least one year. OR a certificate of qualification in his/her skilled trade which is issued by a Canadian federal, provincial, or territorial authority responsible for issuing such certificates. This job offer can be given by two employers, and the person must have the intent and ability to perform the offered position.
EducationWhile school education is not required; trade certification is required. Only that experience is counted which is gained after obtaining the required trade certification. 
Settlement FundsEither of the following two options is required: Proof of the required amount of funds for applicant and family members which include spouse/partner, dependent children, your spouse’s dependent children whether accompanying to Canada or not. OR a valid Job offer from a Canadian employer.


https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-trades.html (Accessed in Sep 2021).

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Add Comment *

Name *

Email *


Get admission in 1500 plus universities in Canada, the US, the UK, and Australia. 
Enroll Now
Student Portal