I have a PR from Canada but do not have an Afghanistan passport. Are there programs for repatriation?

As a permanent resident (PR) of Canada, you have the right to enter and live in Canada. However, if you are currently outside of Canada and do not have a valid passport from your country of citizenship (in this case, Afghanistan), you may encounter difficulties when trying to return to Canada.

Here are a few steps you might consider:

  1. Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad): If you are outside Canada and do not have a valid passport, you may apply for a single-use travel document that will allow you to travel back to Canada. This is specifically for permanent residents without a passport, but you must prove your status as a PR and your identity.
  2. Contact the Embassy: You may need to contact the nearest Canadian embassy, consulate, or high commission. They can provide you with information on how to proceed in your specific situation. They may also be able to issue emergency travel documents if necessary.
  3. Renew Your Passport: If possible, renew your Afghan passport or obtain a new one through the Afghan embassy or consulate in the country where you are currently located.
  4. Repatriation Programs: Canada does not typically offer repatriation programs for permanent residents who are abroad. Repatriation is usually a service provided by a country to its own citizens in times of crisis. As a PR of Canada, you would generally be expected to manage your return to Canada independently.
Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Add Comment *

Name *

Email *


Get admission in 1500 plus universities in Canada, the US, the UK, and Australia. 
Enroll Now
Student Portal