Federal Skilled Worker Class – FSWC

This class is for skilled workers with work experience in NOC, A, or B and who are able to prove they can economically establish in Canada without relying on social services, and they are planning to permanently reside in Canada outside of Québec.

How to apply?

This program is processed through the express entry online application management system. To get started, first check whether you meet the minimum requirements, and then create and submit an Express Entry profile. You will be ranked in the Express Entry pool using a post-based system called Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). IRCC will regularly send invitations to the candidates with the highest scores in the pool to apply for permanent residence.


Point SystemEarn maximum points on the 1200 points comprehensive ranking system (CRS). Points are differently distributed for single and married individuals. Factors include Core human capital (460-500 points), Spouse/Common-law (40 points), Skills transferability (100 points), and additional factors that include provincial nomination and arranged employment among others (600 points).
Pass scoreObtain a minimum of 67/100 points on the Selection Factor Point Grid which includes points for Age (12 points), Education (25 pints) work experience (15 points), arranged employment (10 points) English and French (28 points), adaptability (10 points).
LanguageEarn a minimum of CLB/NCLC level 7 in all four skills (Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking) in either English or French.
ExperienceExperience can be either be Canadian or foreign in one of these NOCs: 0, A, B. That experience must be for at least 1 year, continuous and within the last 10 years (combination of part-time, full-time or more than 1 job in your primary occupation is allowed).
Job OfferA job offer is not required; however, you can get additional selection criteria (for FSWP) points for having a valid job offer.
EducationSecondary education is required. You can get more selection criteria (for FSWP) points for post-secondary education.
Settlement FundsEither of the following two options is required: Proof of the required amount of funds for the applicant and dependent family members which include spouse/partner, dependent children, your spouse’s dependent children whether accompanying to Canada or not. OR a valid Job offer from a Canadian employer.


https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers.html (Accessed in Sep 2021).

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Add Comment *

Name *

Email *


Get admission in 1500 plus universities in Canada, the US, the UK, and Australia. 
Enroll Now
Student Portal