Normally, you need to give biometrics. If your biometrics collection site is not open due to COVID-19, there are temporary measures in place for biometrics.
It depends on the type of application.
For visitor visa, study or work permit applicants:
- The time it takes you to give your biometrics isn’t included in the application processing time.
- The sooner you provide your biometrics, the sooner we can start processing your application.
- Pay the biometrics fee when you submit your application to get the instruction letter as soon as possible. This letter is what allows you to go give your biometrics at an official collection point.
- After we send you a request, you have up to 30 days to submit your biometrics.
For most permanent resident applicants:
- The time it takes you to give your biometrics is included in the application processing time.
For all applications, give us your biometrics as quickly as possible. You can only give your biometrics after you pay the biometrics fee and we send you the letter that tells you how and where to give your biometrics.
If there is no biometric service available where you live, you may need extra time to travel to a service location. Find the location closest to you.
Source: IRCC Source URL: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1420&top=3&utm_source=rss-help-centre&utm_medium=rss-eng&utm_campaign=generic Disclaimer: Unlock Immigration automatically imported this from IRCC for ease of access. We did not edit, curate or amend the content in any way. All rights reserved to IRCC.