Question: Can I and my family work and stay in Canada?


Certainly, there are several pathways through which you and your family can work and stay in Canada. The most suitable option will depend on various factors, including your professional background, education, language proficiency, and whether you already have a job offer from a Canadian employer. Here are some of the most common immigration programs:

  1. Express Entry: This is a system used by the Canadian government to manage applications for permanent residence from skilled workers. Within Express Entry, there are different programs:
    • Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
    • Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
    • Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
  2. Provincial Nominee Program (PNP): Each province and territory has its own nomination program for skilled workers, which can lead to permanent residency.
  3. Family Sponsorship: If you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, they may be able to sponsor you and your family to come to Canada.
  4. Work Permits: If you have a job offer from a Canadian employer, you may be eligible for a temporary work permit. This can sometimes be a step towards obtaining permanent residency, particularly through programs like the Provincial Nominee Program or through Canadian work experience gained and then applying through the Canadian Experience Class.
  5. Study Permits: If you or a family member plan to study in Canada, obtaining a study permit can also be a pathway to working and eventually applying for permanent residency, especially if you qualify under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) after completing your studies.
  6. Business Immigration: If you are an entrepreneur or have managerial experience and a significant net worth, you may qualify for business immigration programs.

In order to determine the best pathway for you and your family, it would be beneficial to have a detailed assessment of your situation. You can begin by creating an Express Entry profile if you are eligible for one of the federal skilled worker programs, or you can explore the PNP of the province where you wish to settle.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Add Comment *

Name *

Email *


Get admission in 1500 plus universities in Canada, the US, the UK, and Australia. 
Enroll Now
Student Portal